AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Expecting the reach by using Radius Targeting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have a local business, providing a service and currently use Adwords for targeting customer in a 5 mil radius around us. It gets us good results.

We are planning to increase our business reach. For that, we would increase the radius in which our ads run. But we are skeptical about the effect it will have and would want to know the expected visitors/users/customers that we'll reach if we make changes in radius targeting.

We tried to gather data around it and couldn't. We don't have that much budget to run test ads to see the results as it is limited. Is there a way we can know more about the no. of people we would reach once we increase the area. It would help to decide whether cost per lead would be justified in that case.

Thanks for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Aditya B
July 2017

Re: Expecting the reach by using Radius Targeting

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Aditya B!

Here is complete instruction for local base targeting. but the answer of your question is exist on 8 no in the list below.

Go to advanced search in the locations setting in your campaign

1.png

1. Select radius targeting
      2. Enter your city or location name
      3. Set mil
      4. Choose mile or km
      5. Hit enter or click search
      6. Show by postal code or city name (optional)
      7. Select your desired location
      8. Estimated reach or peoples in your targeted location
      9. Add, exclude or select nearby

Remember: you can view the location on the map just by selecting the name of a location.

2.png

• I recommend you that leave these options as these are selected by default
  • you can save a little bit of money by selecting the second option in target option. if you don't want to show your ad to those peoples who show interest in your targeted location. Also, it will be narrow down your audience.

3.png

I hope this guide will help you in depth.

Finally best of luck with your local targeting.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Aditya B
July 2017

Re: Expecting the reach by using Radius Targeting

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Aditya B!

Here is complete instruction for local base targeting. but the answer of your question is exist on 8 no in the list below.

Go to advanced search in the locations setting in your campaign

1.png

1. Select radius targeting
      2. Enter your city or location name
      3. Set mil
      4. Choose mile or km
      5. Hit enter or click search
      6. Show by postal code or city name (optional)
      7. Select your desired location
      8. Estimated reach or peoples in your targeted location
      9. Add, exclude or select nearby

Remember: you can view the location on the map just by selecting the name of a location.

2.png

• I recommend you that leave these options as these are selected by default
  • you can save a little bit of money by selecting the second option in target option. if you don't want to show your ad to those peoples who show interest in your targeted location. Also, it will be narrow down your audience.

3.png

I hope this guide will help you in depth.

Finally best of luck with your local targeting.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the detailed reply. Really appreciate the time taken to build the post Smiley Happy

While I had figured this out by myself while digging around in settings, I was not able to see postal codes and the potential reach before. As the city of Delhi is so small, it was showing the whole city as 'location within the target'. The radius was too large.

So I did one thing, I set the radius at only 5 km and then was able to see postal codes within the area. I then explored each postal code and the places nearby for research purposes.

Thanks a lot!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

you most welcome @Aditya B!