Excluding mobile apps from display campaigns
Think you've removed mobile app traffic by removing the option in the site category options?… you might be wrong. If you are still seeing mobile app traffic in your display campaign after you have excluded the option in the site category options here is what you need to do;
In order to negate traffic from mobile apps in display campaigns you need to add in a campaign exclusion NOT the site category option.
In the site category option negating ‘GMob mobile app non-interstitial’ doesn't remove mobile app traffic neither does the in-game option
The only way to remove mobile app traffic is by adding a campaign exclusion for adsenseformobileapps.com, and here is how to add this exclusion:
- Click into your display campaign
- Click the Display Network tab
- Click the +exclusions button under the 'Campaign Exclusions' section
- Click the ‘Add Campaign Exclusions’ menu and select 'Placements'
- Enter adsenseformobileapps.com in the 'Placements' box and click 'Add placements'
- Save the negative placement
Hope this helps.