AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Excluding locations in enhanced campaigns

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have a few campaigns that are enhanced campaigns. I want to exclude certain locations from this campaign as I do not want to show my ads there. When I go to Settings>Locations, I see a list of excluded locations that is blank. There is no option to add locations to this list. Is there another way to do this ?

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Excluding locations in enhanced campaigns

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Deveshk,

You can exclude location same way you add location. You just need to type in advance search location that you want to exclude and then you need to hit "exclude" (next to add option).

If you still unable to figure out, let me know I will take a screenshot.

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

In addition the Neah's good advice, I would add that if your location has the same name in 2 different situations ( same county / same city ) you should exclude only the city if you are targeting other cities in the same area, or you should exclude both the county and city, if you are not targeting that area at all.

You can learn how to use the "Advanced search" to find an area to exclude.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722040

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was able to do it. Thanks a lot. There should be an option to add exclusions in Settings>Locations (like negative keywords)

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello deveshk,

Just a small addition to what has been said above; you need to only exclude the location from the targeted locations you have set. For example if you are targeting US and you do not want to show your ads in Florida, then you can select Florida and exclude it since this is inside US. Generally, Adwords will not be showing the ads outside your targeted region.

Only exception is if you are targeting users who searched for or viewed pages about your target location. In that case you will have to understand the concept of Advanced Location targeting. Read this reference for details:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722038

My 2 cents!

Pankaj