Guide Me
star_border

Exclude continents inside locations

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I remember awhile ago you could add country bundles from within the location setting when making a new campaign, you could also create your own customer area and either exclude or add locations.

I notice these options have been replaced with a simple search for country. For example, if you want to exclude South America you can use the bulk option and wikipedia to manually add all the countries but it takes quite awhile.

Is there an easier way to do this and make sure that my Ads are not being displayed in some little country on the outskirts of the Caribbean sea?

Unfortunately I can't add all the countries such as Cuba, its just not in the list (I'm targeting everything except South and North America).

It would be great if we could save lists too.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Exclude continents inside locations

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Tom

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

tomhalejr wrote:

This is as close to a list of available countries I could find, don't know if that's all or not

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1722075 

A complete list of all targetable locations is available here. Can be searched and filtered, and you can also download the whole table in CSV format.

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

Tom

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

You don't need to be a programmer to use this table. It's just a list of all the locations targetable in AdWords. You can ignore the IDs (though be aware that you can type "ID:1234" into Location field to specify a location with this ID, in lieu of the name; might come in handy), and use the full names from Canonical Name column. They work both in the web interface and in Editor.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the table and help. Are there any plans to improve the location section inside Adwords so we don't have to go through this?

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee

Improve in what way? What would you like to be able to do, that you cannot do now?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

AdWordsEng-Igor wrote:

Improve in what way? What would you like to be able to do, that you cannot do now?

Be able to drag out a radius on the map to target....or just type in a continent

It is a total pain to have to manually choose all of the countries in Europe and I can't find an easier way

Google Employee
# 9
Google Employee

You can use radius targeting. The radius is limited to 500 miles or 800 km though, it won't cover the whole of Europe.

I don't believe you can target continets, or indeed anything larger than individual countries, nor am I aware of any such capability being added. Explicitly listing all countries you want to target is the only way at the moment, I'm afraid. You only need to compile this list once; once you have it, you can add it in bulk.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'd like to reopen this issue again. Allowing selecting by continents would be very helpful. It would also be very helpful for the list of selected countries in a campaign to display alphabetically. Currently they show up in the order they are selected.