Guide Me
star_border

Examples of a good and a bad flashing ad

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello all,

I want to create an image ad that is moving and changing colors but I do not want to break googles rule on images. Specifically, this rule: "Strobing, flashing, or otherwise distracting images." Can anyone help me find an example of a bad flashing ad and a good flashing ad?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Patrick S,

The purpose of the animated ad needs to be carefully considered. Simply changing colors a bunch is bad and is not what the animated ad is meant to be used for.

When you say you want to your ad to move and change colors... what is the type of product you are displaying? How does the color changes tie into your website? Your ad should feel like your website and/or products & services you sell. 

Is the purpose of your moving, color-changing ad merely to get attention? This is not the best way to use the AdWords system. 

Sorry I don't have any specific examples but I hope this helps. 

Kind Regards,

James

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

My experience: dynamically changing colors means "flashing" and the ad will be disapproved. The background color, and the colors of the text and the drawing / sketches  cannot rotate / change. You could, however, animate them. 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’