Guide Me
star_border

Exact match close variation question

jmw
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
jmw
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I know that Google does not publish their definition of "close variation", but does anyone have any practicle experiece to lend me? My question is, if I'm buying [$100 coupon] will "100 coupon" trigger my exact match keyword?

Anyone have experience with this issue?

Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Exact match close variation question

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi jmw,

I would run a "search terms" report to find out for sure which keyword is triggering your ad in this case.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi jmw, and welcome to the forum.  I'm afraid I don't know the answer to this one.  My hunch would be yes, because of the association with the word "coupon", which would frequently be associated with a value of some kind, but I honestly don't know.

Have you not had any click data yet?  A simple way to know would be to see a Search term that triggered on the Keyword when it was only "100".

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Have you tried it out using the Ad Preview and Diagnosis tool?

jmw
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
jmw
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Jon

Thanks for the response. In my data I don't currently find evidence of what you suggested.
Though I can say I see "100.00 coupon" serving the ad for [100 coupon]. I think my campaigns are currently arranged in such a way that [$100] is picking up "$100" and [100] with "100".

I'll keep an eye out in my data however as I'm curious to monitor the close variations.

Thanks!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi jmw,

I would run a "search terms" report to find out for sure which keyword is triggering your ad in this case.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

jmw
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
jmw
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have, though to no avail. My issue now is that I have both keywords [$100] [100], so regardless it's going to match to the most similar, or in this case exact match. rather than google making the "close variation" judgement, they dont have to because I have both keywords.

I appreciate all the help!