2.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Estimating the cost of a campaign - bid estimator

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to do something simple, yet it has become a seemingly impossible task. Where is the bid estimator? It is mentioned many times on the Adwords site but no links to it can be found. This is what I am trying to do: I have a long list of possible key words relating directly to our market and have found the stats on their popularity/click-though numbers. That's half the job done.

How do I estimate the CPC for each key word so that I (and the bean counter I have to convince we will be likely to get a ROI) can evaluate which key words will be cost effective and form the basis of a campaign? In the early days of advertising on Google there was an excellent CPC estimator that was quite accurate annd easy to use but it is nowhere to be found. Help please.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rooinek
September 2015

Re: Estimating the cost of a campaign - bid estimator

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Rooinek,

I would you to check update by Google Adwords about Bid Simualtor. Bid Simulator now can be found under opportunties tab. And for keywords Bid simulator is there under keyword tab.

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rooinek
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Rooinek,

I would you to check update by Google Adwords about Bid Simualtor. Bid Simulator now can be found under opportunties tab. And for keywords Bid simulator is there under keyword tab.

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello Rooinek; welcome;

Could be that you are referring to the traffic estimator :?

http://support.google.com/adwords/certification/bin/static.py?hl=en&page=guide.cs&guide=23723&topic=...

Please also refer to this discussion :

TrafficEstimator is much different than actual adwords bid estimate

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you, I'll check it out.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your input. I got lots of good information from the traffic estimator but needed estimates on CPC to formulate my marketing plan. Thanks