2.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Entering physical business address

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm creating a new Google Adwords account for the first time.  I'm half way into the process and nowhere has it asked me for the physical address of my business.  The gmail account I'm using to set up the campaign is my personal gmail which is linked to my home address for credit card billing purposes.  WHEN and WHERE is that box to insert the actual physical business address.  I don't want to get to the end, push confirm and discover I've directed the internet world to my home address.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Entering physical business address

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Ivy K,

In the Billing Section would be a spot to enter your Physical Address that is associated with Payments. This is not visible to the Public, nor associated with your Live Advertisement

For the Advertisement section in which you chose you campaigns keywords Ads etc . There is a section called Extensions.

About Extensions
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375499?hl=en

One extension is where you can show your Business Address that "Can" be visible with your Live Ads

Show local business info with location extensions
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404182?hl=en&ref_topic=3119124

Hope that answered you questions.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Eric,
Let me try your suggestions. I DID click the location extensions box BUT doing so never prompted me to input the business address which is NOT associated with my gmail. But if you say at the billing section I can input the physical location of the fitness studio AND not my home address, then I will proceed and see if that works. THx

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

Ivy,

The question for you is this? Are we talking Billing.. or  Actual Ads and you want people to see your location

If  Ads:
Have you created campaigns yet? And Is the Business Location vital to your Advertising?
IF YES

The under the Campaign Level you can Add a Location Extension (Hopefully image shows below)

location extentions.JPG

Click on the RED +Extensions to continue

Show local business info with location extensions

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404182?hl=en

Manage Google My Business location extensions

https://support.google.com/adwords/editor/answer/57773?hl=en

============

if Billing

If your issue IS Not with ads, then under Account Setting Gear Box,(top Right) Click Billing, then on the left menu click Billing Profile.  You can enter your address there.  Again this is not Visible to the public

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Yes. Adding to Eric --

1. Billing information is separate -- This should just mirror the billing address for your Credit Card. It will have nothing to do with your ads.

2. If you have a local storefront, then you want to also set up a FREE Google My Business account, with the link Eric provided below. It does not have to be with the same gmail address.
*Once you create your Google My Business account, you can then "sync" or link the two with Adwords.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have linked My Business Account with Adword, However, my business address is displayed as ... in my adword. The location extension has been approved by google. Any ideas why this is happening?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’