Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Enhanced Sitelinks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone,

I couldn't find precise answers to my questions about new sitelinks in the forum, so maybe someone can help.

One of my campaign is running with enhanced sitelinks, and AdWords is telling me that these enhanced sitelinks appear (I have a certain number of impressions when I check on adwords), but there are still some things and can't figure out.

- Is it possible that, even if my sitelinks are enhanced, they are displayed like regular sitelinks (ie without additional text below them)? I checked in the preview tool as well as directly on google, and I do have sitelinks showing, but the "old" sitelinks.

- Do we have any kind of control on the text that is showing below the sitelinks? I know it is supposed to be related ads, but there are a lot of ads in my whole account that are "related" to my sitelinks. It might be related to my previous problem (there would be no ad "related" to my sitelinks... Unlikely, but just in case I created new ones with the same title sa the sitelinks).

Anyway, if anyone has an idea how to help, that will be appreciated!

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Re: Enhanced Sitelinks

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Quentin,

I think you may be confusing 'Enhanced Sitelinks' with 'Upgraded Sitelinks' via Enhanced Campaigns.  These are two very different things.  Enhanced Sitelinks are beyond our control, Google decides when to display those.  the Upgraded Sitelinks are the same old sitelinks (as far as how they are displayed) but with some new features that Pankaj covered in his Article.

Hope this helps!

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

When you upgrade your campaigns as well as sitelinks, you get many more flexibilities in terms of ad group level sitelinks, scheduling your site links etc...

You might be interested in reading my article on Enhanced sitelinks:

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/User-Articles/Improved-Sitelinks-Extensions-with-Enhanced-Ca...

Hope that helps somewhere!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Quentin,

I think you may be confusing 'Enhanced Sitelinks' with 'Upgraded Sitelinks' via Enhanced Campaigns.  These are two very different things.  Enhanced Sitelinks are beyond our control, Google decides when to display those.  the Upgraded Sitelinks are the same old sitelinks (as far as how they are displayed) but with some new features that Pankaj covered in his Article.

Hope this helps!

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Tommy,

you are right, I confused the 2 concepts. Thanks a lot for the help! Do you know about any way (except the Ad preview tool or a google research) to check if the enhanced sitelinks appear?

Thank you as well Pankaj, very interesting article!

Quentin