Guide Me
star_border

Engagement Ads - what are "multiple Exit URLs"

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

What does it mean for an Engagement Ad made with Flash, that multiple exit URLs are allowed ? 

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/2906417?hl=en

( Expand Lightbox units, Flash and CTRL+F for "Multiple exit URLs are allowed" under "Serving and tracking")

Does it mean that the Ad for example can be like an open Catalogue with several products and a single Ad unit can redirect the user to several destination URLs such as product pages, after clicking from the virtual catalogue ?

[Edit] As to why I ask this question : it is a simple technical curiosity to find out what new Ad formats exist out there in case I need to use them. Today I do not intend to use this type of Ad. What I found intriguing about this "multiple exit URLs" concept is that all Ads in AdWords were supposed to have a single destination URL, not 2 or more. 

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

Re: Engagement Ads - what are "multiple Exit URLs"

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
https://support.google.com/richmedia/answer/1692524?hl=en
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Nice, thanks. I didn't know where to search Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
haha - sorry for not adding in the copy I had to go along with that link. I guess you get it though. I think some of those engagement ads are not readily available for us to build in our AdWords UI. It appears as if a rep may be needed.

Simply put, I see the exits as similar to hotspots in ads/videos and I guess you can have multiple "clickable regions" and they can lead users to different locations.

Don't have any of these running but I've been looking at them...

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, that link was good enough, it explained that the concept of multiple exits is actualy multiple destination URLs but for Engagement Ads from doubleclick.net.

However it looks like that concept of "multiple exit points" belongs to the DoubleClick media purchase not AdWords and it requires customised building of Ads.

Today I can see Engagement Ads in my AdWords interface too but when I go and create one, there is still 1 destination URL per Ad for the image or video format.