AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Endless loop for adding a new user to account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to add users to a new AdWords account, however when the user recieves the email invite and clicks on the link to accept, they are taken to a screen that asks them to login using an exsisting Google Account, or to create a new one. With either option, as you follow the steps, at the end the user creates a brand new AdWords account, and they are unable to see the account that I am trying to share with them. I am not recieving the notice that they accepted in the invite, and I can't grant access. It's just an endless loop of creating new adwords accounts for anyone/email address that I try to add. 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Endless loop for adding a new user to account

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
H i there;
Use a different / new Google account that had not been previously linked to any Adwords account.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Endless loop for adding a new user to account

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Courtney D,

The invited user must select "I already have an account" after clicking on the link in the email. If they have already created an account with that email address, they won't be able to use it for the shared account unless they remove that address from the new account.

I wish Google would make a separate page for accepting an invitation to join an existing account. It's way too confusing.

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords