AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Enabling ads not working?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Checked Ad box and gone to edit and Enable advert that has been running in the past but keeps telling me that change was not applicable

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
November 2016

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

Make sure to enable the policy details column in the ads tab. You might find some more information there.

Tom

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Barry H,

Sometimes this happens due to an issue within the ad. Perhaps the policy or guidelines have changed since the ad was created. An example is that a while back, phone numbers were able to be put into the ads. When this changed, new ads being created could no longer have numbers in the ads however, old ads with phone numbers in them would run unless someone tried to make a change and re-save the ad. Then it would no longer be accepted.

Usually AdWords provides you with a reason as to why the ad is no applicable. If you are trying to edit multiple ads at once, there could be something different within each of the ads that makes it more difficult to change all at once. Another reason could be grammar and symbols. There cannot be more than one exclamation point (!) in the ad. There cannot be a symbol as the end of headline 2. 

Below is the support page of AdWords Policies. Near the bottom is a section titled, 'Editorial & technical requirements' that might be able to give you more assistance!

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6008942?hl=en 

I hope this helps,

Jillian

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
November 2016

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

Make sure to enable the policy details column in the ads tab. You might find some more information there.

Tom