3.3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Enable keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Under "keywords" tab in google adwords, my campaign is paused. So I check the box next to all the keywords, click on "change status" but the "enable" feature is grey and not clickable. How do I change that?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Re: Enable keywords

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi,

The process you outlined is one way you could enable keywords.  When I tried to enable, active keywords, I found the option to be grayed out.  I thought this might be the case for you as well.

Look for symbols, green circles mean enabled.

Each ad group in the campaign will need active keywords and ads in order to run. 

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

I think your keywords may already enabled, Did you try to enable/unpause your campaign from the 'Campaigns' tab?  If you have ads approved and ready to go, you should be all set.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Thanks for the repsonse. I enabled the status on the campaign tab, but it still says "campaign paused." It syas in the bubble next to "Campaign Paused:"

Ad showing now?

No

This ad is not eligible to run.

Reasons

•The ad group this ad belongs to has no active keywords.

Hence my original question: how do I enaable keywords?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi,

The process you outlined is one way you could enable keywords.  When I tried to enable, active keywords, I found the option to be grayed out.  I thought this might be the case for you as well.

Look for symbols, green circles mean enabled.

Each ad group in the campaign will need active keywords and ads in order to run. 

-Tom