Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Emails For Phone Calls From Ads

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey everyone,

I'm wondering if there is anyway for an automated rule to be set up so that every time someone calls from your ad it sends out an email to you?

That would be sweet

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Emails For Phone Calls From Ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Curiosity; what's the added value you see in this feature?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Dylan,

Automated rules can only be run daily, so the email could be up to 24hrs after the fact, even if you could define it. The best I can see is choosing conversions in the last 24hrs by keyword.

I do feel it would be useful - if while you were on the phone you could see an email letting you know which search query the caller used. And also for manually noting sales as being AdWords derived.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
we work with captive insurance agents and they like to know if their phone is ringing because of us or because of the agency sending them a lead. Some are very involved with the advertising and like to know straight away

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
In that case...

I know that sometimes Google identifies calls from their ads with a brief message - but I have no idea if this the case everywhere and always - perhaps someone else here knows?

From an AdWords point of view it isn't possible, as reporting isn't real time. Unless you use their API, but even then you'd expect the delay to be too long to be useful. I would expect calls aren't registered until after they are completed.

If it was calls from your website you could set up a system that let you know about clicks on your phone number, but that doesn't always equate to actual calls.

The other option would be having a different phone number for your ads - ie the agent has two phones.

Ultimately I guess there just isn't a solution the way you would like it.