Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Email-only invitation

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Email-only invitation was sent to an user. When the user clicked on the invitation link in the email, she was sent to a page to create new Adwords account and new AdWords account was created. Is it normal behaviour?

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Email-only invitation

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, Shilpa.

Regardless of the access level chosen when sending an invitation, an AdWords account has to be created. Now, of course, it sounds more peculiar if you think that an e-mail only user cannot see anything from that account, but it is, still, an AdWords user, which means an account has to be created.

I've personally never invited E-mail only users, but for all other levels accounts were created. That's why I don't see why E-mail only should be an exception.

Hope it helps.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Calin,

As you pointed out correctly 'email only' user cannot login to the Adwords account. Hence creating some other new AdWords accounts does not make any sense.

Thanks,
Shilpa

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
I just want to add something besides Calin's answer, maybe you find it helpful. You can't give email access to user who already has adwords account or has access to other adowrds account. The user must have Google account not associated with any adwords account.

If so, after the user accept email invitation, the user will be asked to answer some few question about adwords, after that completed, adwords will send you an email with link to your Adwords account access page, from that page find the account if person you've invited and click "grant access"

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
It does make sense, Shilpa, as you can change access level with a click afterwards, right? That's what I'm trying to say. Although with the current level they cannot access the interface, they are still AdWords users in the eyes of the system. They can receive notifications from the system therefore they have to be registered as users.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Calin and Ahmed for the inputs!

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hi Shilpa R,

The page should have 2 radio buttons, one of them being "I already have an account". The new user should select this option other a new AdWords account will be created for the user. Selecting "I already have an account" will add the user to the existing account.

Best of Luck

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Top Contributor Alumni
# 8
Top Contributor Alumni

Petebardo is correct. The user should select, "I already have an AdWords account" which will allow them to accept the invitation instead of creating a new account. 

If your user has already accidentally created a new AdWords account using this email address, when they accepted the invitation, they either have to jump through some hoops Smiley Happy to free up their email address, or they will need to accept the invitation using a different email address.

(The other posters are correct in that an email address needs to be affiliated with an AdWords account in order to receive emails associated with that account.)

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Shilpa,

I tested adding a new user with a gmail address , with the level "Email only access" , this was the first screen

adding-email-user.png

Then after entering the gmail password I was prompted to select the time-zone and currency in my new adwords account ( without billing information setup ) .

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Adrian,

I agree with you as the same things happened to me today.
A client of mine wants some daily report delivered to him everyday, so I sent him an invitation.
Afterward, he told me that he's about being instructed to create a new AdWords account.

First, I though it was a mistake, so I tested it using my own personal email & I was confused too because what he told me is exactly true. As far as i could remember (correct me if I'm wrong), you don't have to create a new account to be a recipient of daily report.

Need some guidance form you guys regarding this occasion.

Thank You