Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Editing Ads and keywords

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Cat Happy

I would like to know a little bit more about editing existing ad and keywords.

Let say, I would like to edit my ad texts but I don't know what consequence will happen. Does it mean, that the avg position will reset and new data will run?

what about keywords editing, let say I would like to change match type of the keyword (from broad to phrase),  it will reset my QS and all data?

Many thanks and have a great day

thanks,

Marija

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Marija Hris
April 2016

Re: Editing Ads and keywords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Marija,

In ""Google speak", when you edit and make changes to an item (ad copy, keyword, etc.), it translates to removing the existing one + creating a new one. The new item will need to accrue stats from zero.

The good news is that the removed item never disappears completely. When you set the appropriate report to "all ads" or "all keywords" etc, the removed item (ad, keyword etc) will come up with its frozen stats.

Your query is highly appreciated.

Best,
Lakatos

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Marija Hris
April 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Marija,

In ""Google speak", when you edit and make changes to an item (ad copy, keyword, etc.), it translates to removing the existing one + creating a new one. The new item will need to accrue stats from zero.

The good news is that the removed item never disappears completely. When you set the appropriate report to "all ads" or "all keywords" etc, the removed item (ad, keyword etc) will come up with its frozen stats.

Your query is highly appreciated.

Best,
Lakatos

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Many thanks for your contribution Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
You are welcome ... Smiley Happy

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Just adding my two cents. If you are not really sure to edit the ad in such a way that you dont want it to lose it's data, try copy and edit option. It keeps the actual ad copy the same and lets you make a new ad with a small edit. You can pause the old one for few days while the new one is running and test the performance of each to decide among them..

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Many thanks Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thank you! Sir!

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How do you do,
Dear Mr Lakatos

Our company location in Bulgaria, Burgas.
http://www.maximpex.eu
The basic of our work it is web development, but when I the try full in Google map my organisation, has only 2 variants of business like Hosting Provider or Web Designer.
Our business web development.
Please, if it possible add this business team.
https://plus.google.com/u/0/101264110987675867705/posts

With Best Regards,
Director of MAXIMPEX Co LTD
Irina K

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

NOTE: This post has been edited by a Community Manager - per Community Guidelines - in order to remove contact information which was most likely due to an email or mobile footer. This is done in order to protect account security and/or privacy. Please be sure to remove this information in future replies. Thank you for your understanding.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Irina, this is to ask you to create a new question because you have changed the subject matter.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
sir i dont know about the correction please i dont want create new business