AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Ecommerce Tracking Issue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I have a very basic question about eCommerce Tracking Implementation.

Do I have to paste the code just on the conversion confirmation page like we do in adwords? Or Should I paste the  eCommerce code throughout the website like we do with analytic code.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ecommerce Tracking Issue

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Suryakant S,

Welcome to the Community!

GA eCommerce tracking code should be implemented in the page that follows a successful purchase, which is the 'Thank You' page in many cases. More info about implementation here.

In case you need more info or help on this, I'd suggest posting your query on the GA forum, as this is purely a GA related question.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Re: Ecommerce Tracking Issue

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
@Sumanth Sridhar has nailed it - but, it also depends on your ecomm solution. If you are using one of the available shopping cart solutions you will often find that there is a place in the back end configuration to add your GA tracking code - so it is worth checking with your cart software developer as to the best way to implement before manually implementing - you may find that the tracking is more complete if it is already built in.