Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Ecommerce AdWords Best Structure

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Experts,

I have a new eCommerce client, it is the first time to work on eCommerce accounts, it is about women fashion and each product has many brands, I'm really confused how to start, I never worked on eCommerce before, I know the eCommerce campaigns structure is totally different than the normal website structure, How should I start if I will target more than a country, should I create more than AdWords account for each country or only one account.

Also regarding the campaigns itself, How should I create my campaigns ? is it going to be brand campaigns and inside each campaign put all the keywords related to this brand into ad groups or creating a campaign for each product and inside each campaign create ad groups for each brand?

Also what types of campaigns that would be great for eCommerce?

Please Advise!

Thanks,

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Amir Y
June

Re: Ecommerce AdWords Best Structure

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Amir Y,

It sounds like you've got an exciting task ahead of you! There are different approaches that you can take, so it's worth getting as many opinions as possible and then compare them against your own goals and possibilities.

Considering the nature of the products and the industry, I'd personally be looking into setting up a Shopping campaign. It does require more time and effort than your 'standard' campaign type though, as you'll need to also get set up with a Google Merchant Centre account. Most eCommerce platforms do provide automated approaches to creating product lists, but some manual tweaks will likely be needed to troubleshoot any issues also. Overall, it's not too difficult to learn, it will just take a time investment. Then, once you're up and running with a shopping campaign, you can get more advanced with dynamic remarketing to increase your chances of success even further.

With regards to targeting multiple countries, you don't need a different account per country, just use a separate campaign (within the same account) for each country instead.

If you decide to take a keyword approach with a search campaign, my suggestion is not to be too broad when focusing on the brand side of things. You can breakdown your ad groups into something like the following:

Brand A Belts
Brand A Dresses
Brand A Skirts
Brand B Belts
Brand B Dresses
Brand B Skirts

Brand C Belts
Brand C Dresses
Brand C Skirts

The above is a very rudimentary example but will hopefully give you an idea of how too approach your own website. Following the structure of your website is often a good guideline (providing you do have an organised structure as opposed to relying on filters and searches).

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Amir Y
June

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Amir Y,

It sounds like you've got an exciting task ahead of you! There are different approaches that you can take, so it's worth getting as many opinions as possible and then compare them against your own goals and possibilities.

Considering the nature of the products and the industry, I'd personally be looking into setting up a Shopping campaign. It does require more time and effort than your 'standard' campaign type though, as you'll need to also get set up with a Google Merchant Centre account. Most eCommerce platforms do provide automated approaches to creating product lists, but some manual tweaks will likely be needed to troubleshoot any issues also. Overall, it's not too difficult to learn, it will just take a time investment. Then, once you're up and running with a shopping campaign, you can get more advanced with dynamic remarketing to increase your chances of success even further.

With regards to targeting multiple countries, you don't need a different account per country, just use a separate campaign (within the same account) for each country instead.

If you decide to take a keyword approach with a search campaign, my suggestion is not to be too broad when focusing on the brand side of things. You can breakdown your ad groups into something like the following:

Brand A Belts
Brand A Dresses
Brand A Skirts
Brand B Belts
Brand B Dresses
Brand B Skirts

Brand C Belts
Brand C Dresses
Brand C Skirts

The above is a very rudimentary example but will hopefully give you an idea of how too approach your own website. Following the structure of your website is often a good guideline (providing you do have an organised structure as opposed to relying on filters and searches).

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Ecommerce AdWords Best Structure

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi ScottyD,

Thank you so much for your explanation, It was very helpful to know how to start my campaigns.

I would start with the shopping campaign and see the results Smiley Happy

Thank you,

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I'm glad to hear it @Amir Y! Smiley Happy Keep us posted as you make progress, we're here to help.