Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Ebay Targeting Google Display Ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I want to target Google Display ads (both banner and text) on Ebay.

What is the best option to do so?

Would it be to select placement as 'ebay' and than choice some keywords? I want to target certain searches / product pages on Ebay.

Any advice on this would be great!

Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Ebay Targeting Google Display Ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Gary
Yes, you are correct.
The best way to do this is to set a managed placement of ebay.com (or ebay.xx) and then add keywords. Additionally, if you know the searches, you can target the specific search URL and product URLs too.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gary R
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Yes, that's correct. But be careful. EBay changes URLs all the time and there's always a chance they could change.

You're better off sticking with category pages like this: http://m.ebay.co.uk/sch/Shipping-Moving-Boxes-/109740/i.html

A little tip for you, search Google for "eBay UK $keywordorcategoryname" and use the URL you find in Google organic search. This is less likely to change.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Gary
Yes, you are correct.
The best way to do this is to set a managed placement of ebay.com (or ebay.xx) and then add keywords. Additionally, if you know the searches, you can target the specific search URL and product URLs too.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the advice.

For example if I was to want to focus on 'packing boxes', I can add the following URL to placements:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1311.R1.TR6.TRC1.A0.H0.Xpack.TRS0&...

Many Thanks,
Gary
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gary R
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Yes, that's correct. But be careful. EBay changes URLs all the time and there's always a chance they could change.

You're better off sticking with category pages like this: http://m.ebay.co.uk/sch/Shipping-Moving-Boxes-/109740/i.html

A little tip for you, search Google for "eBay UK $keywordorcategoryname" and use the URL you find in Google organic search. This is less likely to change.

Hope that helps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the advice, much appreciated!

Ebay Targeting Google Display Ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How target on ebay.co.uk to ads which is below ebay list? It is adwords display netvork ads?