AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.3K members online now
1.3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic tracking url

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone,

I want to know how my Dynamic tracking URL should look like if I want to see my results in Google Analytics and I use URL Builder?

Thank you. Smiley Very Happy

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Eric Gehler (Badged Google Partner)
September 2015

Re: Dynamic tracking url

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Loana P,

First question you need to ask yourself is: "What kind of campaigns am I tracking?"

If you are tracking a normal search or display campaign and want to see more customised information in Google Analytics than what Auto-Tagging gives you, we recommend that you use the URL builder. Your URL would look similar to this:

www.website.com/?utm_source=SummerCampaign&utm_medium=EmailBlast&utm_campaign=SummerEmailCampaign

If you are using dynamic tracking URLs with Dynamic Search Ads, Shopping campaigns or old Product Listing Ads campaigns these are slightly more complex. I would suggest reading this article which gives you the in's and out's of the tracking URLs and examples: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2549100?hl=en

Kathleen

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Eric Gehler (Badged Google Partner)
September 2015

Re: Dynamic tracking url

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Loana P,

First question you need to ask yourself is: "What kind of campaigns am I tracking?"

If you are tracking a normal search or display campaign and want to see more customised information in Google Analytics than what Auto-Tagging gives you, we recommend that you use the URL builder. Your URL would look similar to this:

www.website.com/?utm_source=SummerCampaign&utm_medium=EmailBlast&utm_campaign=SummerEmailCampaign

If you are using dynamic tracking URLs with Dynamic Search Ads, Shopping campaigns or old Product Listing Ads campaigns these are slightly more complex. I would suggest reading this article which gives you the in's and out's of the tracking URLs and examples: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2549100?hl=en

Kathleen