AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic search ads question

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I am about to create a DSA for a web shop. In the section called Targeting source there are 3 options I can choose from. My question is which one works the best?
As the web shop is quite new, SEO is still being implemented. So if I choose the first option "Use Google's index of my website", does that mean that Google will show my ad based on its ranking on Google my organic search and SEO, or what? 
If I choose the last option which is "Use URLs from both Google's index of my website and my page feed", I need to upload the spreadsheet with different URLs and "Custom labels". What are the latter? Are those "Custom labels" like keywords for each specific URL or what? 

Thank you for an answer in advance.

- Auguste

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Agustine

If you want to advertise your whole website, the best option is use google index and feed.

Google will use only index of your site ignoring your organic results and SEO. The key is to index all your subsites.

If you aren't sure if all is indexed, you should use feed to help google find all your subsites, it's the third option. You are right - you need to upload a spreedsheet with all urls. Then, Google will use a content from these urls to match your site to user's search queries. You don't have to worry about that.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Lukasz

Thanks for your response. As I am quite new to AdWords, I still have some questions for your answer.

I went to check if Google indexes my website, and it says 0 Indexed. So I requested Google indexing for URL and indexed pages. What would you say, should I wait before creating a DSA ad until it indexes my website, or what? How long does it usually take to be indexed after the request?

Another question from my first post was about a spreadsheet - when I copy my URLs there, what should be under the "Custom labels"? Is it the keywords for that specific URL or what?