Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic remarketing ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there, 

I would like to know if we can use the remaketing tag from analytics to set up the dynamic remarketing ads or if we have to put the Adwords remarketing tag?

Many thanks for your help,

Claire

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author clairehex
September 2015

Re: Dynamic remarketing ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Claire,

I've been working to setup Dynamic Remarketing myself, and unfortunately you must use the AdWords remarekting tag. There is a specific tag for Dynamic Remarketing (a few additional lines of code added to the standard Remarketing tag), so you'll have to make sure you have the full new code to implement properly.

The reason being that there are a few new custom parameters you must setup in order for it to work properly.

ecomm_prodid - Product Id
The product ID will be matched with the product ID in your product feed to pull in the image, price, description, whatever to the dynamic ad.

ecomm_pagetype - Page Type -
What type of page is this? Must use either "home", "searchresults", "category", "product", "cart", "purchase", or "other". You can see how this would be used to categorize your pages and value them (cart visitors are likely higher value than just homepage or search result page visitors).

ecomm_totalvalue - Value
Value of the product. I'm not exactly sure why this is necessary as the product value is also included in your product feed, but I assume this means the value may be used in other ways down the line, like creating bidding strategies based on the value of pages visited.

You can find more info here:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3103357

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author clairehex
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Claire,

I've been working to setup Dynamic Remarketing myself, and unfortunately you must use the AdWords remarekting tag. There is a specific tag for Dynamic Remarketing (a few additional lines of code added to the standard Remarketing tag), so you'll have to make sure you have the full new code to implement properly.

The reason being that there are a few new custom parameters you must setup in order for it to work properly.

ecomm_prodid - Product Id
The product ID will be matched with the product ID in your product feed to pull in the image, price, description, whatever to the dynamic ad.

ecomm_pagetype - Page Type -
What type of page is this? Must use either "home", "searchresults", "category", "product", "cart", "purchase", or "other". You can see how this would be used to categorize your pages and value them (cart visitors are likely higher value than just homepage or search result page visitors).

ecomm_totalvalue - Value
Value of the product. I'm not exactly sure why this is necessary as the product value is also included in your product feed, but I assume this means the value may be used in other ways down the line, like creating bidding strategies based on the value of pages visited.

You can find more info here:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3103357

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Craig,

Thanks a lot for your answer.
So just to confirm, we can keep the analytics remarketing tag and add to it the adwords one?

Many thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No reason you wouldn't be able to, the Analytics tag is technically just your Google Analytics tracking code. So yes, you can. Only thing to be cautious of is keeping track of the different tags in your Audiences tab. I'd suggest a naming convention for the tags so you know which ones are from the Dynamic tag and which from Analytics.