Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic Search Ads

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Google Community!

I just wanted to know what everyones views were after testing DSA's, we ran some tests for our clients and we found that the ads were picking up a lot of generic terms i.e. the term "straw hats" would generate an ad if we had [brand] [colour] straw hats in our merchant centre. I understand that this is down to straw hats being in the description in the merchant centre but this is too generic for what we would like and I'd like to know if anyone had some more positive results and could hit me with some strategies/targeting methods for a bit of success.

Kind Regards,

Liam Bendelow

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Liam_Bendelow
September 2015

Re: Dynamic Search Ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have found some success with targeting by url and page title. In the beginning I started with targeting by page content but it was picking up random terms that were not necessarily what we wanted. Overal DSAs brings in plenty of traffic but can be a bit costly.  I make sure to keep my max bid low because of the volume of traffic.Try running it for at least 15-30 days to get the best in data collection and account normalcy.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Liam_Bendelow
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have found some success with targeting by url and page title. In the beginning I started with targeting by page content but it was picking up random terms that were not necessarily what we wanted. Overal DSAs brings in plenty of traffic but can be a bit costly.  I make sure to keep my max bid low because of the volume of traffic.Try running it for at least 15-30 days to get the best in data collection and account normalcy.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Search83,

Thanks for this I'll have to do some testing and see how it goes. We haven't tried this method yet and it sounds like a more targeted method of using DSA's.

Thanks,

Liam