AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4K members online now
4K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic Search Ads - What, Why and How to implement?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have an established wholesale site with many products.  We do well on contextual results but we are new to Google Advertising.  Will Dynamic Search Advertising be a good place for us to start along with using Adwords with keywords for specific products?  Jim M.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Dynamic Search Ads - What, Why and How to implement?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Jim,

Dynamic search ads is ideal for websites that contains lot of contents and well structured URLs. This is most helpful for those websites that contents thousand of products. This is basically effective for e commerce sites. But its not fit for those websites who offer daily deals. To know more about dynamic ads you can visit here - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6049664?hl=en&rd=1

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Kaushik

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Jim,

Welcome to the Adwords community.

I am not an expert in dynamic search ads, so I can't comment on that.

But as you are doing well on the content network with many products on your site, using dynamic remarketing will a very good idea.

Dynamic remarketing will allow you to show previous visitors ads that contain products and services they viewed on your site.

You can find more about dynamic remarketing here - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3124536

My 2 cents

Deepak

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Jim,

To me, you should try a DSA campaign to see how it works out for your business.  Not everything works for everyone and in the same way, it can work worse, or better on a positive note. 

As I can't see your website, it would be hard to advise. Yet, the brief that you gave about your business and the expeirence I have with DSA, it should work well for you. DSA is worth a try. Why not start with a smaller budget for a few weeks? 

I usually prefer starting with a small budget with DSA for at least three to four weeks. I take it as a secondary campaign in the beginning. Once I have enough data I work with optimizations to further fine tune it. In at least 3 to 4 campaigns, I have found it performing great with CPA. But to reach that number of conversions to use CPA, you will need to run it for a few weeks at least. At least 30 to 40 conversions before switching CPA is what I prefer. 

Also, while starting with DSA, make sure you have applied all possible negative keywords in place. 

Do let us know if you need more help. 

All the best !

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ratan Jha: Thank for your reply. I am going to give DSA a try. But, I will need to study "conversions" and CPA more in order to understand the difference. I appreciate you help.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Deepak. Do you know if dynamic re-marketing will work with the contextual listings or only with Adwords? I will see if I can get the answer to that from your suggested link. Thank you for your reply. Jim

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Kaushik. I will check it out. Jim