AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic Search Ads - What, Why and How to implement?

rtz
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
rtz
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have current Search Only campaigns and want to ad Display campaigns.  If I change the campaigns to Seach and Display, will I be able to control the cpc on the display network seperately?  I am concerned that I will be billed too high on display if the campaign level controls the bidding.  

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Dynamic Search Ads - What, Why and How to implement?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi rtz,

You can certainly do that, add display to your current campaign, but, as you have noted, that might not be the best idea. In general, it is recommended that you run Search and Display in separate campaigns. One very good reason for that, as you have observed, is control of budget. Another is ease of analysis. When you run both networks in a single campaign, reading and analysing the data can get to be difficult. And the set up for campaigns on the different networks is, well, different.

If you do combine networks in a single campaign, you can bid seperately on Search and Display.

If you want to try out the Display Network, create a new campaign just for that, and allocate a budget of no more than you are willing to lose. Then gather and analyse your data and tune the campaign accordingly.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Re: Dynamic Search Ads - What, Why and How to implement?

rtc
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
rtc
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you so much!  This was very helpful!