2.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic Search Ads - Keywords Tab

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am interested in Dynamic Search Campaigns and I completely understand the functionality of the same. I see that there is a keywords tab in the DSA campaign which allows me to add keywords. I have a few questions on the same:

1. I completely understand that DSA will crawl through my website to identify key terms and will enable my campaign for those key terms. The idea is to have a keywordless campaign. What is the significance of adding keywords here?
  2. Will it force the engine to focus on keywords or themes of keywords specifically?
  3. If a keyword that i added in the DSA campaign is chosen for delivery, will it also choose the BID that i configured for the keyword?
  4. If my DSA campaign delivers on those keywords added, will performance be attributed to them and i dont have to look at search terms report?
  5. Can i just look at keyword performance report to get my DSA performance is keywords are added or should i be looking at ad performance reports?

I went through the help documents and could not find details that answers my questions. Please point me in the right direction and thanks in advance for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Praveen G
April 2017

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Praveen G

Adding positive keywords have no affect on DSA campaigns, only negatives do. I can only assume the tab exists in DSA campaigns so you can get to the search term report.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Praveen G
April 2017

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Praveen G

Adding positive keywords have no affect on DSA campaigns, only negatives do. I can only assume the tab exists in DSA campaigns so you can get to the search term report.