3.4K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic Remarketing Tags

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had a quick question about the dynamic remarketing tag. Within the tag, there are 3 "Parameters" that we are supposed to "Replace With a Value". Would these values be pulled from our product feed and be added in automatically, or would we have to manually enter all of these values for each product? Is it even necessary to add these values in? I ask because we have tens of thousands of SKUs and would not be able to manually enter these values on each page.

Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Dynamic Remarketing Tags

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Spencer J,

I just started looking at the dynamic marketing tag. It appears you must include the proper values on your pages. With tens of thousands of SKU's I would imagine you either pull pages dynamically or generate static pages from your database.

Most of the data must be available for your GMC product feed, so they will also be available when generating your pages. The one exception will be the ecomm_pagetype (home, searchresults, category, product, cart, purchase, other ). That you may be able to solve with templates. For our system, we have different templates for the different page types, so that value can be hard-coded in the template.

The other data, ecomm_prodid and ecomm_totalvalue, you already have the data in your db. It's just a matter of getting on your pages.

There are other custom variables you can add. Those look more difficult to implement.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords