star_border

Dynamic Keyword Insertion

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

At the adwords help center, I found They made an example like below:

Ad group> Chocolate

Keywords>  dark chocolate, sugar free chocolate, and gourmet chocolate truffles.

snippet of code in ad text> {KeyWord:Chocolate}.

Here chocolate is most of the time at the ending of keywords and so they used the snippet {KeyWord:Chocolate}.

Their ad headline will look like Buy Dark Chocolate , Buy Sugar Free Chocolate .

But I have some keywords where chocolate is always at the starting of keywords like>  chocolate shop , chocolate gifts , chocolate game .

So how will I use the snippet code because my chocolate is at the starting ?

And how my ad will look like?

Hope to get answer.

Azad

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Dynamic Keyword Insertion

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Azad, the help centre file is maybe a little confusing (I know I often have to check what I'm doing with DKI).

Dynamic Keyword Insertion has two possible values when shown in the text ad.  The most useful is when the keyword used to trigger the Ad will fit into the character restrictions of the line; in this case it is the keyword that is shown in place of the DKI definition.  If the keyword is too long, or other restrictions apply, then it is the default text defined in the DKI line that is used.  

So, for example, let's say I have the keywords "buy dark chocolate", "gourmet dark chocolate", and "chocolate truffles"  and I define a line in my Ad with DKI as follows:

{KeyWord: Smooth Dark Chocolate}

(I've had to put a space between the : and the S or the post turns it into a smiley)

All of my original keywords can fit into the line so if someone triggers my Ad by searching using the term buy dark chocolate the Ad will show Buy Dark Chocolate to replace the DKI line.  Note the capitalisation of the words, defined by how you write "KeyWord" in the definition.

However, if someone triggered my Ad by searching for "buy gourmet dark chocolate online" the search query is too long for a headline so here the default would be used and the Ad would show Dark Chocolate Sale to replace the DKI.

In summary, the text you use in the DKI definition (the words following KeyWord: ) are the default text and will be shown whenever the keyword used cannot be shown.  It doesn't matter what the keywords actually are, or what words are used as the default.

Does this help?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jon,

I must thank you to come to help me spending your valuable time.Before standing to the point, I want to say some more things.In this community I have searched a lot to be clear about DKI and most of the time found incomplete discussion and everybody discourages to use it.I feel sad that no one tried to make it completely clear rather they discouraged it.

Here I go: The sections I have understood

> I have understood captalism of words in DKI. (keyword,KeyWord,KEYword etc )

> I have understood Default Text in DKI . Default Text will be used as the ad headline when the keyword will exceed the character limit.

The Sections I haven't understood Yet:

1) When my ad will be displayed with no sense?

2) why do I need to use almost similar (RELEVANT ) keywords in the particular ad group for DKI ?

Could you please continue this thread until I stop questioning ? I think that will make things more clear to you too. Actually I am not going to stop until I understand it completely.

Regards

Azad

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Azad,

The Sections I haven't understood Yet:

1) When my ad will be displayed with no sense?

I don't understand the question. The ad will display the default text when the keyword is too long to fit in the line.

2) why do I need to use almost similar (RELEVANT ) keywords in the particular ad group for DKI ?

Use similar keywords within the ad group so the substituted text will make sense with the ad copy. Using similar, tightly-focused keywords within an ad group is always recommended, whether you use DKI or not.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords