2.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic Keyword Insertion For Local PPC

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am considering Dynamic Keyword Insertion to make local search campaign to insert various cities in my area for services that we offer.. Does anybody have any tips or advice they could give me before I do this?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Dynamic Keyword Insertion For Local PPC

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Greg, welcome to the Community.

My first question has to be, are you sure you have a good handle on how DKI works?  Dynamic Keyword Insertion does what it says on the tin - it inserts the Keyword that matched a search query.  So if you have an Ad Headline that is formatted as:

Buy {KeyWordSmiley Frustratedhoes}

and a Keyword of "red shoes", your Ad may appear with a Headline of 

Buy Red Shoes

If you want to customise your Ads with locations using DKI, that location will have to appear in the Keyword itself.

There may be other options for dynamically generated Ads but from what you've said so far, I don't think DKI will suit.  Can you expand upon your business structure and requirements?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Greg,

DKI is hard! And it doesn't always do what you might expect. And you might not want to budget the same amount for each of the cities in your area. A better approach might be to geo-target one campaign for each of the cities served and include the location in your ad copy or headline.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Basically if I offer window repair services in Dallas. I would like to target all of the surrounding cities in my area as well without having to create ads specifically for all of those areas because the ad copy would be the same.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Greg, if you just want to use the same Ads for Dallas and the surrounding cities you can do this quite easily within a single Campaign just by adding those cities to your location targeting or, perhaps better, by using a location target based upon a radius around Dallas that covers the area you want. 

Does this sound like the sort of thing you need?

More about location targeting.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits