1.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic Display Ads

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I just set up Dynamic Remarketing ads but would also like to make my regular Display advertising dynamic with the help of Google Merchant Center feed. Was that only available with product extension which is now retired? Is it connected to this http://www.google.se/ads/innovations/dynamicdisplayads.html?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Admin A
September 2015

Re: Dynamic Display Ads

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

It sounds to me that you are trying to create a dynamic display ad within an existing display campaign. Your Merchant Center feed will not be linked to an existing display campaign until you have added a product extension. We have retired product extensions but we still use them as a way to link a feed to an existing campaign that is not created as a PLA campaign. 

Please note: You must first add the product extension in order to connect your Merchant Center Account prior to creating your ad. 

To Link your Merchant Center Account:

1. In your campaign go to the Ad Extensions Tab.

2. Click on Product Extensions.

3. Click on View campaign extension information.

4. Click on  +Extension.

5. In the Extensions dropdown, you should see your Merchant Center Account Id.

6. Once selected, hit Save.

Once this process is complete, you should be able to create your ad by clicking on the Ads tab. In the ads gallery you should see the dynamic ads option. If you give it a second to load, adwords should automatically link your merchant center account and that error message should go away. 

If you need more information this is a great article to help you.

View solution in original post

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Admin.

That's exactly what you want to be able to dynamically target your Merchant Center on the Display Network. Here's how you do it: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3265299?hl=en

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
But that method requires the Product Ad Extension which has the alert "At the end of May 2013, we retired product extension ads. The performance statistics for date ranges after this time will be zero."

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi

I think you are confusing between product extensions which were like any other ad extension and product extension mentioned in the Dynamic remarketing.

In this case Product extension is nothing but data feed in your google merchant center account. you just have to make sure that you have a product feed on your google merchant center, your google merchant center account is linked with your adwords account and select that account / feed in settings while you create your Dynamic remarketing campaign.

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks for the answers but as I wrote, the question is regarding dynamic ads for Display not Remarketing Display.

I have PLAs and dynamic remarketing running so the feed is connected. What Im wondering is if it is possible to create a dynamic Display Ad campaign with the GMC feed. The message I am getting in the ad creation is:

"This campaign is missing a product ad extension. Please click on the Ad Extensions tab and add a product ad extension."

Is it possible? If yes, where do you connect the feed? In the case of Dynamic Remarketing you do it in the Campaign setting and then it is added under Product Ad Extensions that has the alert message "At the end of May 2013, we retired product extension ads. The performance statistics for date ranges after this time will be zero."

Does anyone have any relevant input on this?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Admin A
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

It sounds to me that you are trying to create a dynamic display ad within an existing display campaign. Your Merchant Center feed will not be linked to an existing display campaign until you have added a product extension. We have retired product extensions but we still use them as a way to link a feed to an existing campaign that is not created as a PLA campaign. 

Please note: You must first add the product extension in order to connect your Merchant Center Account prior to creating your ad. 

To Link your Merchant Center Account:

1. In your campaign go to the Ad Extensions Tab.

2. Click on Product Extensions.

3. Click on View campaign extension information.

4. Click on  +Extension.

5. In the Extensions dropdown, you should see your Merchant Center Account Id.

6. Once selected, hit Save.

Once this process is complete, you should be able to create your ad by clicking on the Ads tab. In the ads gallery you should see the dynamic ads option. If you give it a second to load, adwords should automatically link your merchant center account and that error message should go away. 

If you need more information this is a great article to help you.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thank you Shanea, spot on! Ignoring the alert and adding the ad extension made the Dynamic display ads possible.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey! Is it possible to do this without linking the GMC, but through a custom feed?

Dynamic Display Ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes it is

Go to the new adwords > the 3 dot menu and then click on business data click the + button, select a custom data and then upload the feed 

Dynamic Display Ads

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies since it is from 2013.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation. It's always best to start your own thread versus making comments to random threads, even if your issue seems related.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic. Making your new thread is fast, easy and allows more specific help directly to you (and not all of the other members in the old thread).

Thank you.