Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic Ads Issue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

New here - apologies if this has been asked previously. I'm trying to set up dynamic ads and have never encountered this problem. The area where I choose Use categories recommended for your website is un-selectable, and I'm not sure why. Any insight as to why this is happening? Screenshot below - 

Screenshot.jpg

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Dynamic Ads Issue

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
I'm not certain about that, but I think this option is available depending on how Google sees your website structure? If you've got that going for other websites, maybe is the website structure.

See if this page can give you a hand:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497706?hl=en

Hope this helps.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Sam,

I think it could be a few things. For one, this is a really new option - just rolled out about a week ago - so it's possible that not all categories have been released yet or that your particular category doesn't exist yet - especially if your business is in a niche.

This brings me to what I think the second possibility could be. Since Dynamic Search Ads are based largely on your organic index, it could be that Google isn't coming up with enough content to accurately categorize your content. Does your site rank well organically? Have you used DSA before?

I'm not sure if any of my answers are correct - just some ideas!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Amy & leandrofm,

Thank you for your reply - I actually figured this out. There was a country restriction on the website. Google support informed me that if they cannot see the website from their end, that these features will not work. The ads all ended up suspended due to the site 403'ing for support overseas. I had our webmaster remedy the issue, and we're all set, now. Thank you again for your detailed explanation!