2.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Duplicate keywords

Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

I've rather started a new discussion just for more clarity.

Duplicate keywords. I was just wondering, when I let adwords editor display all duplicates and then I select duplicates by some property, for example select by order of appearance - first only. It always select one word and keep the second unselected. For example there are 5000 duplicates and I'm fine with selection of first 2500, but I not satisfied with other half. Can I somehow deselect the second half of the list, but keep selection structure of the first half of the list(one selected, second not, third selected etc.)?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tomáš Kraus
September 2015

Re: Duplicate keywords

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
You could select every other keyword, hit Delete, then select the bottom half of the list and hit Revert.

View solution in original post

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
I can't think of any way, short of Ctrl-clicking each one of those 2500 keywords you want to de-select (which is, I admit, not a reasonable course of action).

Why do you want to do that, if you don't mind me asking? Is there an actual use case?

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

The reason behind it is, I have a lot of ad groups and keywords and when I list my duplicates and then select every first or every second duplicated It's going well for few hundred words, but then I want to completely switch it. Le's say that I have keywords in structure AA BB CC, so I want to delete every duplicate that isn't in this structure(imagine whatever words for AA, BB and CC).
So for example:
AA BB CC
CC AA BB
AA BB CC
CC AA BB
AA BB CC
CC AA BB

and like this it's for the first few hundred keywords so I select every second keyword, because I dont like that structure or word order.

AA BB CC
CC AA BB
AA BB CC
CC AA BB
AA BB CC
CC AA BB

But then after while list can be completely changed like this:

AA BB CC
CC AA BB
AA BB CC
CC AA BB
AA BB CC
CC AA BB

AA BB CC
CC AA BB

CC AA BB

AA BB CC

CC AA BB

AA BB CC

CC AA BB

AA BB CC

CC AA BB

AA BB CC

And from that point it's not selecting keywords I want to delete. Only way effective way I've foud is copy selected keywords and paste it to excel. Then select keywords until the point when list changes its order, copy it and then back to adwords and delete multiple keywords, but it seems a little bit unnecessary complicated.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tomáš Kraus
September 2015

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
You could select every other keyword, hit Delete, then select the bottom half of the list and hit Revert.

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner
Well that sounds great! Thanks for Help AdWordsEng-Igor