AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5K members online now
5K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Duplicate address

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I googled my own keywords only to find that my ad is repeating my street address twice. What is causing this?

Also, with regards to dynamic keywords insertion, should there be a space after the colon? eg; {keyword: my keyword}

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

Re: Duplicate address

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

HI,

you can remove the location extension you don't need. Simply go to ad extensions and select the location extension you don't need and click remove. Check below picture for more information

Capture.JPG

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Dean

About your address issue have you double checked your location extension ? Is it configured correctly?

And no there is no need for a space there on keyword insertions question

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hmmm.. I see there is a location extension that was previously created (i'm managing a friend's account) and it has the duplicate address. But I see no way of deleting it?

For now, I'm hotlinking adwords and Google Places together but I'm not sure if that will override the current extension?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

HI,

you can remove the location extension you don't need. Simply go to ad extensions and select the location extension you don't need and click remove. Check below picture for more information

Capture.JPG

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Dean,

You can also fix location extensions using the adwords editor:

Download your campaigns into AdWords Editor.
Go to the Extensions tab and then the Location Extensions sub-tab.
Look through the Status column to see if any of them say "Disapproved."
Review your location information and edit it if needed. Be sure to review the company name and ensure you're not using an unauthorized trademark.
Click "Post changes" when you're done making edits, and your edits will be copied over into your account.

Cheers,
Vineesh..