AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Duplicate Keywords

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello All... My AdWords account have lot of duplicate keywords. how can i identify those keywords and is there any problem which i have same keywords in single campaign

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Dave_Davis (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Duplicate Keywords

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Xavier,

The easiest way to identify and deal with duplicate keywords is using the AdWords editor. The editor has a duplicate keyword function that can be used to identify duplicate keywords with a variety of conditions.

In general it is not advised to have duplicate keywords as they generate internal competition and thin out your traffic, making it more difficult for optimisations. It is also a indicator of a structural problem that can be problematic for accounts.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Dave_Davis (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Xavier,

The easiest way to identify and deal with duplicate keywords is using the AdWords editor. The editor has a duplicate keyword function that can be used to identify duplicate keywords with a variety of conditions.

In general it is not advised to have duplicate keywords as they generate internal competition and thin out your traffic, making it more difficult for optimisations. It is also a indicator of a structural problem that can be problematic for accounts.

Hope this helps

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks clynton

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

@Xavier A wrote:

Hello All... My AdWords account have lot of duplicate keywords. how can i identify those keywords and is there any problem which i have same keywords in single campaign

The best tool to find your duplicate keywords is AdWords Editor.

Make not difference if you have duplicate keywords on same campaign or different campaigns across a same account (only if the different campaigns have similar configuration like network, location, device) - they are all have the same effect and will compete with each other.

Having duplicate keywords is not a big problem if you do not have too much duplicates. But is better to have a single occurrence of the keyword on the entire account to track performance and optimize the account. 

The biggest problem is when you have a duplicate keyword and you are paying a higher bid for the lower performing one, this may hurt you budget.