Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Duplicate Campaigns

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I want to run/test a duplicate of existing campaign but between different time slot and with a different bidding strategy. 

Does duplicating the campaign is right way to do it?

Or there is any other way to do the same. I don't want to edit my ad scheduling in existing campaign.

Thanks in advance.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Coupon A
September 2015

Re: Duplicate Campaigns

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Coupon A,

1)  Yes, that's right, since each Campaign is running at a different day/time, you should get proper separation of data.

2)  AdWords Campaign Experiments are a way of automatically split-testing certain aspects of Campaigns.  See here:  https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2385204?hl=en  Unfortunately ( @MosheTLV ) neither scheduling nor bidding features are supported by this tool.

3)  I can't name any scripts, unfortunately.  I could probably put together a very simple example of a randomising script, but it'll take me a day or so as I'm currently catching up from a vacation.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Coupon A, a duplicate Campaign running at a different time is the only way to test things such as Bidding Strategies and Ad Scheduling while leaving another Campaign running - unfortunately you can't test these aspects using Campaign Experiments.

Your problem is going to be getting results that return meaningful data.  For example, if you had your existing Campaign running 9am to 5pm and the test Campaign running 5pm to 11pm, if you saw different results that might be because of the different times rather than any settings within the Campaign(s).

You could try running one Campaign one day and the other the next in a cycle, but again you'd have to look out for any daily changes in performance and account for them, for example, if Wednesdays and Fridays are always good days for you and you always run Campaign B on those days, it'll make that Campaign look better, again not necessarily because of any setting in the Campaign.

You could use Scripts to use one Campaign or the other(s) on a random basis, which should give more reliable data, but would require some setting up.

Does this help?

Jon

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Cobnut,

You mean i can create a duplicate of existing campaign.

1.) Because i am running both campaigns on different days or hours so there will not be any issue of duplicate keywords. Right???
2.) I can't understand "unfortunately you can't test these aspects using Campaign Experiments."
3.) "You could use Scripts to use one Campaign or the other(s) on a random basis" can you please name few important/useful scripts.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I'm chiming in here to ask why "Adwords campaign experiments" could  not be a solution?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Coupon A
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Coupon A,

1)  Yes, that's right, since each Campaign is running at a different day/time, you should get proper separation of data.

2)  AdWords Campaign Experiments are a way of automatically split-testing certain aspects of Campaigns.  See here:  https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2385204?hl=en  Unfortunately ( @MosheTLV ) neither scheduling nor bidding features are supported by this tool.

3)  I can't name any scripts, unfortunately.  I could probably put together a very simple example of a randomising script, but it'll take me a day or so as I'm currently catching up from a vacation.

Jon