2.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Drastic drop in impressions after working with adword rep

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So I posted an ad on 8/6 and had 1600 impressions  on 8/7 I had 8000 impressions.  Then based on the email that said contact adwords to review your campaign I called the morning of 8/8. Was told to add another ad, to increase the number of keywords I was using and too change language to Englsih only.  I made those changes and that was the end of the phone call.  So for 8/9 I had 273 impressions and don't show any for today at all. I realize that it is not realtime but shouldn't it show something for today and why by adding an add and more keywords did impressions almost come to a complete stop?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Brian A
September 2015

Re: Drastic drop in impressions after working with adword rep

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

Good morning.

In addition to the good information you've already received, I did want to mention that a brand-new campaign goes through a 'testing' phase for the first 2-3 days of ad delivery, to establish baseline quality scores and that sort of thing.

Because of that, it's not unusual for a new campaign to see very high traffic volumes during the first 2-3 days and then see traffic drop off significantly the next day.  I would agree that you need to wait for more data and then analyze performance to see where you need to make improvements.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
I would say it's too early to draw any conclusion, especially since the 8/9 was a week-end. I would wait a few more days.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
Brian A,

As @MosheTVL states it's a bit early to draw conclusions and it's the start of a weekend.

You may want to run a "Keyword Diagnosis" report to see what is going on.
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/148778?hl=en

You can also take a look at your "search impression share" to see what your keywords are bringing in.
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497703?hl=en

Lastly you can look for your Ad Rank Positions to see if they are still on the First Page? based on your quality scores, bids and other factors that deal with Ad Rank
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1752122?hl=en

Hope that helps - good luck
Eric G
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Brian A
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

Good morning.

In addition to the good information you've already received, I did want to mention that a brand-new campaign goes through a 'testing' phase for the first 2-3 days of ad delivery, to establish baseline quality scores and that sort of thing.

Because of that, it's not unusual for a new campaign to see very high traffic volumes during the first 2-3 days and then see traffic drop off significantly the next day.  I would agree that you need to wait for more data and then analyze performance to see where you need to make improvements.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Also consider the language change, it could be likely a drop in impressions is related to that..