1.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Double Serving

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HI, I have a client who runs a number of motor retailing franchises under 1 main domain name.

They want 2 separate accounts as effectively they compete against each other in adjoining territories.

Due to the Double Serving policy of Google, I cant use the same domain name in the second account however can I use a slightly different domain ie jobloggsmotors.co.uk and jobloggsford.co.uk? Would this still present a problem under the Double Serving rule?

Thanks in advance

Mike C

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Double Serving

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, Mike. Especially with two different domains you'd be violating the double serving policy: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/2600168?hl=en

The same domain in two accounts would have the system show only one ad, from the account that's beating the other in that auction.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Calin - thanks for the input. The set-up for this client is rather complicated - they actually operate as separate companies but under the umbrella of a holding company. They have separate premises, separate accounts and billing addresses and are separate legal entities - does this affect this?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Since they offer similar services (motor retailer), and most likely prices are about the same - you are in violation.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’