Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Double Serving Ads with AdWords Express

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I noticed that one of my client’s competitors is using AdWords Express to double serve ads for the same company. The AdWords Express account is pointing to the company’s Places page and the regular AdWords campaign is pointing to the company’s website.

Basically, this business has been able to take two of the three top of page positions with both ads representing the same business and product.  My client’s ad is sandwiched between them.

Google’s policy against double serving in AdWords is well documented, but nowhere that I’ve seen is Express and/or Places mentioned.

Any suggestions on what I should tell my client? Ignore it, report it, duplicate it?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by rashu (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Double Serving Ads with AdWords Express

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi kkimball,

I suggest you take screen shots and send them to Goolgle and report it as a violation of the double-serving policy.

The rule is one business-one account, it doesn't matter if that's Express or Places or anything else, the rule still applies.

I would not recommend dupicating this.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by rashu (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Double Serving Ads with AdWords Express

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi kkimball,

I suggest you take screen shots and send them to Goolgle and report it as a violation of the double-serving policy.

The rule is one business-one account, it doesn't matter if that's Express or Places or anything else, the rule still applies.

I would not recommend dupicating this.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords