Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Don't understand these strange combinations of keyword modifiers

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi!

I have good knowledge of the base modifiers but my question is what is happening when you combine the modifiers as the picture below i created. I really don't understand the difference between the first three keywords and the last three keywords.

Capture.PNG

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Archit (Rising Star)
February 2017

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

They are not allowed. Though, technically, you can type  them in, the system  considers it as only one match type and ignores the other. This could  end with unexpected results / clicks. Follow the match type structure explained in the help article.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Sadjad J,

Please review and use this information to expand your understanding. It is excellent information that will guide you well. 

Kind Regards,

James

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

The last keyword combination and the second - are not allowed.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

The shouldn't be allowed BUT they are somehow. But for example the ["This Keyword"] are not allowed..That's the strange part

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @James_Clemens !

Thank for your answer but that doesn't help me at all with my question. 

For example, as @MosheTLV said the last and second keyword combination should not be allowed, but they are.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Archit (Rising Star)
February 2017

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

They are not allowed. Though, technically, you can type  them in, the system  considers it as only one match type and ignores the other. This could  end with unexpected results / clicks. Follow the match type structure explained in the help article.