AdWords
6.8K members online now
6.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Does the maximun 150kb size for an html ad refer to the zip file size?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

After doing an animated html ad in GWD, y folder is up to 300kb, but the publish zip file is at 146. Will this accepted?

Also, I created it in the Dpubliclick Environment. Will this be accepted in Adwords or do I need to do it all over again in AdWords environment?

Thanks, Jaime

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Does the maximun 150kb size for an html ad refer to the zip file s

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Jaime V,

150 KB is the file size limit for a single image file, as you'd be uploading the file and not the zipped folder. Creating image ads in Doubleclick should be fine as long as it complies to AdWords requirements and policies. More info about Image ad specifications here.

Feel free to write back with questions.

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
So which file? the html after unzipping? Si I would have to zip and then unzip to check the size of the html file? The size of the html file changes after unzipped.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi Jaime,

You'll have to upload the image file (GIF, .JPG, .JPEG, .PNG, .SWF), not the HTML file. Size of each file shouldn't be more than 150 KB. In this case, you'll have to create images (in Doubleclick or any other tool) in such a way that it doesn't exceed the size limit. Please take a look at other specs in the link.

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar