AdWords
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Does "Low Search Volume" Always Mean No Ad?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

All of my "low search volume" keywords say that they are currently showing ads.

Last week if it said "low search volume" it would specifically say that it wasn't showing the ads.

Should I just assume if it says "low search volume" that my ad doesn't show or will ads still show for some LSV keywords?

I hope I explained this right lol thanks in advance for any help on this subject.  Its tearing my keyword building strategy asunder.  

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Does "Low Search Volume" Always Mean No Ad?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

The complicated answer is that a keyword tagged for Low Search Volume may and/or may not be allowed to trigger ads.

Sometimes a keyword tagged with the LSV message will serve a small amount of traffic over the course of a day or two. That meants the system is testing its viability as a paid search term.

The AdWords system tests and refines the keywords included in the database pretty much constantly. Keywords that were not included three months ago might be included today--and keywords that performed very poorly a few months ago might be inactivate for paid ad service now. The system is very dynamic.

My advice would be that if there are some keywords that you feel could be of high value to your campaign, you leave the keywords active, even though they're tagged LSV. They could activate in a week or a month or two. 

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

View solution in original post

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I went through and it seems that some of them are still saying that it isn't showing ads, but most of them say that the ads are running for very long tail keywords that I know normally it wouldn't show for.

#confused
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

The complicated answer is that a keyword tagged for Low Search Volume may and/or may not be allowed to trigger ads.

Sometimes a keyword tagged with the LSV message will serve a small amount of traffic over the course of a day or two. That meants the system is testing its viability as a paid search term.

The AdWords system tests and refines the keywords included in the database pretty much constantly. Keywords that were not included three months ago might be included today--and keywords that performed very poorly a few months ago might be inactivate for paid ad service now. The system is very dynamic.

My advice would be that if there are some keywords that you feel could be of high value to your campaign, you leave the keywords active, even though they're tagged LSV. They could activate in a week or a month or two. 

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*