AdWords
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Does maximize ad rotation disadvantage new ads?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I have been asked to audit an Adwords AdGroup and to pause or update underperforming ads.

However, when I checked the ad rotation settings, I noticed it's set to "optimize for clicks: Show ads expected to provide more clicks."

My question is, if this setting prioritizes ads that have more impressions, won't new ads get left behind. After all, a new ad enters the AdWorld world impressionless.

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

The new ads will get a chance to "show performance" and if successful (i.e are clicked) they will be shown more often.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

The new ads will be given a chance, but in my experience often not enough chance. I always change the settings to rotate evenly with new campaigns or when I have added new ads. Once they have run for a few weeks, I change it back to optimise for clicks or optimise for conversions (preferable, as conversions are the ultimate goal if you are measuring them).