AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5K members online now
5K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Does it take a couple dates for "Paid Traffic" URL Goals to update?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

In google analytics I have created some url destination goals.  In Google Analytics the report looks pretty accurate up to the current day for "unsegmented" traffic.  However, if I apply the "Paid Traffic" segment, it appears to be delayed a couple days.  For example, I have "pricing.html" url destination goal.  I know people have clicked on my pricing.html page that are coming from Google Adwords.  But it seems it takes a couple of days before Google Analytics sees this.

Is there some latency for url destination goals and "paid traffic" segment?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Does it take a couple dates for "Paid Traffic" URL Goals

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Mark,

Google Analytics does not take more than 24hours to update the reports. And also I haven’t experienced something like this where goals gets reports for unsegmented traffic and not for segmented traffic.

There is possibility that users coming from Adwords are not completing that goal. How can you be so sure that people have reached your goal page.
Try checking the pageviews of “pricing.html” from source/medium “google/cpc” if there is no page view that no goal actually happen.

Also confirm that you are checking "unsegmented" and "paid search" traffic for same date range.

Cheers,
Nouman

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Nope; This should not take more than 24hrs.
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1009219?hl=en
Could it be that you are wrong with the date range?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Mark,

Google Analytics does not take more than 24hours to update the reports. And also I haven’t experienced something like this where goals gets reports for unsegmented traffic and not for segmented traffic.

There is possibility that users coming from Adwords are not completing that goal. How can you be so sure that people have reached your goal page.
Try checking the pageviews of “pricing.html” from source/medium “google/cpc” if there is no page view that no goal actually happen.

Also confirm that you are checking "unsegmented" and "paid search" traffic for same date range.

Cheers,
Nouman