AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Does it hurt a new account if paused campaigns are uploaded?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear AdWords Community,

I just uploaded 10 paused campaigns to a brand new AdWords account.
Currently we only have 5 other ones enabled.
When my colleague saw this she pointed out that this would "hurt" our account.

I understand that it makes our account slightly cluttered, but: 

Does it really "hurt" our account (QS, or any other metrics)?

I am new to AdWords and would really appreciate the feedback of experienced Marketers in the World of AdWords.

Best and thank you,

S

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sebastian B
September 2015

Re: Does it hurt a new account if paused campaigns are uploaded?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Imported paused campaigns will not carry the performance from a previous account.

Paused campaigns are still reviewed. The ads are reviewed, the landing pages are reviewed, the keyword QS will be calculated. If there is anything in a paused campaign that would be disapproved, that can lower your overall account score. Paused campaigns do not accrue impressions or clicks, so they don't directly affect the account score, with the exception of disapproved items.

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hello Sebastian B,

Paused campaigns don't really do anything, not helping nor hurting anything.
Just be careful, because once you will post data with your campaigns to your adwords account, it's permanent change.

Pushing Accept as Solution button takes 1s, creating meaningful and helpful post takes time.

Best regards.

Alex

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Alex,

meaning the only drawback is that I can not fully remove (delete) posted campaigns from the "live" account once uploaded?

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner
Exactly Sebastian. You can delete them, but you will still see those campaigns there.

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

I say NO.

Paused campaigns don't effect your account any how. I suggest you don't be confused. Only active campaigns matter.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Paused campaigns have an effect on the overall account's performance history  / account level QS.

Whether imported paused campaigns  carry with them the performance history from the old account - is a good question...

@petebardo ;?

@Jon_Gritton ?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sebastian B
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Imported paused campaigns will not carry the performance from a previous account.

Paused campaigns are still reviewed. The ads are reviewed, the landing pages are reviewed, the keyword QS will be calculated. If there is anything in a paused campaign that would be disapproved, that can lower your overall account score. Paused campaigns do not accrue impressions or clicks, so they don't directly affect the account score, with the exception of disapproved items.

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you @petebardo, @MosheTLV and @Alex Ander for taking time to tackle my question!
S

Does it hurt a new account if paused campaigns are uploaded?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Pete, If I have a paused campaign that never runs. Will it affect my QS as well?