AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Does having contact details on landing page effect Quality Score?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have our telephone number and contact email address on our landing pages so customers can contact us by these methods, there is also a link to a quote form. Does the fact that some users may not get past the landing before they make contact by phone or email effect the quality score of the keywords? Is it considered a bounce if they do not go any where else but the landing page?

I have been told that QS can increase if they always have to click a link to another page to get contact details or fill out a form. Is there any mileage in this?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Does having contact details on landing page effect Quality Score?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Neil, how are things?

Personally I doubt that the "click" method is true. Landing Page quality shouldn't rely on clicks or interactions, but rather on content quality, transparency and some other things.

Also, having contact details shouldn't effect your QS.

You can check this article for Landing Page Experience to see important things and to give insight on what to change, to try to improve your QS. Here:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404197?hl=en

Hope this helps.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
Neil,

It depends.

QS is consistent of several factors, (Landing page) LP as stated, (Ad Relevance) How ads Match keyword choices, expected click through rate. with Actual CTR holding a lot of relevance.

I look at Contact information and Phone number as being part of Conversion and important as to why you are spending money to gain revenue.

I would not worry about Bounce rate in relation to QS. I would work on Ad Copy, keyword match types, bids, and ultimately Landing pages that convert and show a unique selling proposition that brings me Money/ Sales/ Leads in a profitable ROI scenario.

Bounce rate, yes if you don't click on something you have a higher bounce rate, but in the grand scheme of things does that effect your "Revenue and Conversions? NO. You can add something with event tracking to capture a click on the same page if it truly matters to you but In my opinion the Bounce rate is such an arbitrary matter if you have a great landing page that Converts. If you page doesn't convert then I would consider bounce rates and things to effectively improve conversions but not just for the sake of a Bounce rate.

Is it considered a bounce if they do not go any where else but the landing page? YES

I have been told that QS can increase if they always have to click a link to another page to get contact details or fill out a form. Is there any mileage in this?
I say NO. Too many other factors of QS then if the user goes to another page. Adwords is based mainly on the CLICK. what happens after the user comes to you site ( adwords could really care less) as long as the page and site they go to falls in line with AD Policy, Adwords make money on the click, you make money on the Conversion, In reality those two things are mutually exclusive to adwords. A conversion event could be time on site, which is not a revenue producing event, but could be considered into a CPA model for your Budget spend, Not really helpful to your bottom line, but the program is designed for you to set your own criteria.

Hopefully that helps with a different perspective.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Neil G;

The predominant component of QS is CTR. And, the click comes before the user lands on the landing page,, Smiley Surprised

Filling a contact form, or calling (e.g. Google forwarding number)  are metrics "reserved" to the conversions on the landing page  itself. A landing page which converts well, is a signal  to a good landing page experience. (Another metric which affects QS, but not as significant as CTR)  Hence, linking the landing page to another page may "divert" / direct the user to other places,  without converting on the landing page!

When the conversion is in the format   of a form or a call, the conversion has to take us on the landing page,

And as to QS - focus on the CTR (the common techniques: match type, relevant keywords, negative keywords,  ad-copy with a call to action, extensions... etc.)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’