Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Does empty ad group affecting Quality Score

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi experts,

I have found a lot ad groups without keywords or ads. Or some keywords that are enable but campaign (ad group) is paused.
Does it can make some changes (decrease) Quality Score of account? 

Thank you in advance! 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
April 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Tetiana S,

Negative, as long as they don't accrue traffic they are unable to have a negative impact on other items. Neither is it a Best Practice, of course. You are advised to keep a tidy household.

Best,

Lakatos

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
April 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Tetiana S,

Negative, as long as they don't accrue traffic they are unable to have a negative impact on other items. Neither is it a Best Practice, of course. You are advised to keep a tidy household.

Best,

Lakatos

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

I agree with @Lakatos. If you are taking over an account that has so much stuff all over the place you can't make heads or tails of it, then use the historical data to restructure the account in a way that actually works for you. You can keep all that old stuff paused, in case you want to copy and paste any of it into your new campaigns. However, in the long run, the tidier your account, the better you will be able to further optimize it, and the likelier your quality and relevance factors in the account will improve.

Tom