1.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Does anyone have feedback/reviews for Landing page builders

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

- Unbounce/Instapage/SpeedPPC/ etc?  I am building pages primarily for PPC campaigns - for a law firm (we are using PPC to drive case sign-ups - so we use a CTA of Call Us or IM Us or Complete this short form).  I would like to A/B test, templates, easy build - the basics.  Are some platforms better built for PPC campaigns?  There's so much information and options- I am getting a little overwhelmed.

Thank you!

Laura 

Re: Does anyone have feedback/reviews for Landing page builders

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
I personally use Unbounce and am happy, but I think Wordstream has a landing page tool meant specifically for this purpose. It should easily help you create and manage pages specifically optimized for ppc, quality score and conversions.

However, if they are serious about growing their practice I highly recommend you explore a marketing automation platform like marketo if you have big budgets or hubspot if you have smaller budgets...

They will let you do much more than create lots of landing pages very quickly.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks David!
I just read yesterday about Wordstreams landing page tool - I was wondering if anyone had experience with that tool too. Also, does Unbounce have multiple options/templates for PPC landing pages? I also read somewhere from 'some guy' that Instapages converted significantly better than Unbounce - I realize that could be industry or design based, but it still makes me wonder.

I know Marketo/Hubspot - what in your opinion do Marketo or Hubspot brings to the table that's worth the extra expense?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
@laura, I'm curious to why my post and Davids remarks about our product were removed? This results in a very one sided opinion that does not reflect an accurate view of the possible options available.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Tyson - I didn't remove/delete any replies on this thread - so I have no idea ;-/

As for dynamic search - as a matter of fact I've watched your video on dynamic search a couple times in the last week!

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
From what I can tell, this dynamic text is the exact same function across both platforms.

The problems i have with the Unbounce editor is when I attempt to edit text in headlines on your templates, like the PIXLY template, even if my text is the same two lines as the headline in the template, it doesn't space them properly, and ends up overlapping the two lines of text.

I noticed this with several other unbounce templates. Once you make edits to the text, it sometimes messes up some formatting you might not see, like how the line is spaced, and unless you are a designer or developer, have no idea how to fix it.

Setting up conversion tracking properly is also a struggle. Even with your easy to add javascript section, it doesn't seem to work properly...

All in all, I like Unbounce's templates for leadgen more than Instapage, and I like leadpages templates for webinars... but Instapage seems to meet me in the middle with the perfect mix of different templates, simple to modify, robust editor hidden, so It doesnt overwhelm or confuse me and the pricing is much more affordable than any others...

I especially like how instapage and leadpages have wordpress plugins and I really dont like how Unbounce requires you to use a subdomain to setup a page...

Thanks Laura and Tyson for sharing your insights...

I would love to see a blog post from both of you about the little known but awesome features you have. For example, I never knew about dynamic text until this discussion.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
@laura, that's good to know. I wonder if someone (maybe a competitor) had a few people flag those posts so that google automatically removed them. Either way it's not a big deal.

I'm glad you have already seen the dynamic text replacement option Smiley Wink