AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Does an Ad only show to a Customer Match list if we upload it to a campaign?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When you set up an Adwords campaigns and add a customer match list- does the ad only show to those people on the list? We have a very targeted list that we want to advertise to by uploading the list into the Adwords Customer Rematch and I want to make sure the ad does not appear to other people that are not on the list?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author The A
January 2017

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@The A

That's correct. If you only have that as a targeting option, then only people on that list will generate ad impressions.  You should note that they have to be logged into their Google account with the respective email address for it to work. So there is a chance it won't work for every address on your list.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author The A
January 2017

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@The A

That's correct. If you only have that as a targeting option, then only people on that list will generate ad impressions.  You should note that they have to be logged into their Google account with the respective email address for it to work. So there is a chance it won't work for every address on your list.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @The A

In aside to @David K response, you mention a 'very targeted' list. You should also just be mindful of the minimum sized lists needed for match, which i think is 1000 uniques. Of course the very targeted could be 10s of thousands, just thought id mention in case you weren't aware. 

All the best

James