2.3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Does URL matter in Ad position?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am running two accounts for same project. I choose a  specific keyword and target it on both accounts. Both have same quality score. In Account "A" i ahve used sitelinks and its is shwoing in Google but in account "B" there are ojly three sitelinks showing in ad positions.

I choose a particular keywords and tageted on both account.. Both have same quality score. i setup bid "80 Rs" in account A and 100 rs in account "B" still my "B" is on second position and "A" on fist position? Why?????

account"A" has same domain name as keyword while account B has a specific page in my brand website.. So my question is does domain naming matters in ad rank???

Please clarify

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sweta S
September 2015

Re: Does URL matter in Ad position?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Sweta S,

I'll give you a different opinion: yes, the display URL can affect your QS, but perhaps not directly. The appearance of keywords in the display URL would cause those keywords to appear in bold. Appearance of keywords in the display URL can improve the CTR, and that will improve the QS. QS is based on the expected click through.

If both websites are owned by the same company and both offer the same or similar products/services, you do risk violation of the double-serving policy. I'd take a close look at that policy and make sure you are not in violation.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Sweta S,
Are you using two adwords account for same website? If yes It violates adwords policy and your accounts could be suspended and as per my understanding domain naming doesn't play any role in ad ranking.

Thanks

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Sweta,

URL or domain name does not matter in Ad rank. But the quality and relevancy of your landing page matter in calculating quality score.

Also you should not run 2 accounts for same project. This can get your both adwords accounts and websites suspended because it’s against Google Policy.
Check it out here: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/2600168?hl=en-GB

Thanks,
Nouman
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sweta S
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Sweta S,

I'll give you a different opinion: yes, the display URL can affect your QS, but perhaps not directly. The appearance of keywords in the display URL would cause those keywords to appear in bold. Appearance of keywords in the display URL can improve the CTR, and that will improve the QS. QS is based on the expected click through.

If both websites are owned by the same company and both offer the same or similar products/services, you do risk violation of the double-serving policy. I'd take a close look at that policy and make sure you are not in violation.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
i'm not running two account for same domain.. they both are my accounts but one is my microsite and other is different domain..

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Sweta S,
I hope you got answer of your query by 'petebardo'.If you have any other query please post here or start a new thread.
Thanks
Santosh

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
i wanted to know how can i optimize my adwords campaign so that i can get maximum converted clicks..

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Sweta S,
Your question is broad, can't answer in one line or paragraph but I would suggest to you visit following links.Below link helped me lot to maximize the conveted clicks /conversion.

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/User-Articles/30-AdWords-Tips-in-30-Days-Final-Tip-amp-Recap...

Thanks
Santosh