AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Does Location Targeting to many countries decrease ad visibility?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Hoping someone can clarify.

To start with I selected UK only and when searching key words relevant to my product my ad was appearing straight away.

Then I got greedy and selected every country ( I ship worldwide) and did another search and nothing, couldnt find my ad at all! ;-(

Then i selected UK only again, still not showing up.

Im checking my chart, my impressions, ect & it all says 0 so it can't have run out that fast?

My daily budget is set at £2 daily (fear of the unknown) if i increase this to say £10, would this increase my impressions without costing me too much ( i very much doubt it will cost me that much)

Massive thanks in advance! xx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Re: Does Location Targeting to many countries decrease ad visibility?

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Andrea L,

Usually when you have 0 impressions for some keywords there is some type of related issue.  Can be many things. budget, ad schedule, negative keywords, Low search volume, low QS, disapproved ads etc.

Google provide the Ad Preview and Diagnosis tool to help you indicate what some of those potential issues might be.,

• To use the Ad Preview and Diagnosis tool, click the tool under the "Tools and Analysis" menu at the top of your AdWords account, or visit google.com/AdPreview.

Here is a Write up as well - 

http://adwords.blogspot.com/2011/02/ad-preview-and-diagnosis-together-at.html

Run the Tool and see what that says,  It should give you some insight.

If it doesn't let us know what you find out from the tool and we can work from there.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I seemed to have fixed the issue by increasing my daily budget to £5. My ad's are now showing up internationally as friends can confirm.

My question is, do i pay £5 per day & whatever clicks i incur? So if no one clicks on my ad, then do I still pay £5 a day for advertising costs? Thank you ;-)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you kind Sir ;-)

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner
Weird - Looks like my answer that was marked as Solved Solution is not showing up..

Reposting the answer..

===============
Hi Eric G,

Great job! Andrea L marked your answer to a question as an accepted solution!

Subject Re: Does Location Targeting to many countries decrease ad visibility?
Date: 01-08-2014 05:58 PM
Andrea,

Your Answer:
My question is, do i pay £5 per day & whatever clicks i incur? So if no one clicks on my ad, then do I still pay £5 a day for advertising costs? Thank you ;-)

YOU only pay for the CLICKS you incur up to your Budget Limit. If no clicks, no pay.

If you are using Google Search, you only pay for the clicks you receive based upon the CPC you have set up, up to that £5 limit. It may go over up to 20%, but you will never pay more then the Budget +20% of Budget.

The system is basically told to stop showing your Ads when your Budget is reached.

If bid say 1 euro a click, then you will get impression and be show until you have had 5 clicks based on a 5 euro Budget.

If might be in your best interest to learn some of the basics of Adwords - You can find that here
https://support.google.com/adwords/?hl=en#topic=3119071